This is 3 days budget lodge safari departing Arusha, that visits the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and Lake Manyara. An ideal quick safari to squeeze in after a climb of Mount Kilimanjaro, if you have a few days to spare before flying out.
DAY 01 - ARUSHA TO NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA
This African budget tour starts with lunch in Arusha town at 1230hrs. 1400hrs, drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Dinner and overnight at the Ngorongoro wildlife lodge.
DAY 2 - NGORONGORO CRATER
Today you will descend 2000 feet (0ver 600 meters) to the floor of the crater for a half day crater tour. Explore the forest areas that are inhabited by monkeys and elephant, the lake area, where you may see the flamingos and the open savannah where the lions hunt for food. Lunch at the lodge and then drive to Lake Manyara for dinner and overnight at the Lake Manyara Hotel.
Ngorongoro Crater, a large, unbroken, unflooded volcanic caldera. The crater, which formed when a giant volcano exploded and collapsed on itself some two to three million years ago, is 610 m (2,000 ft) deep and its floor covers 260 km2 (100 sq mi). Estimates of the height of the original volcano range from fifteen to nineteen thousand feet (4500 to 5800 metres) high
DAY 3 - NGORONGORO CRATER TO LAKE MANYARA AND END ARUSHA
Enjoy a morning game drive in Lake Manyara National Park whose inhabitants include hippos, monkeys, tree climbing lions, flamingos and other variety of birdlife. Mid morning, drive back to Arusha. Lunch in Arusha town at 1230hrs.
NB:Safari Cost on request - Price depends on choice of accommodation, number of safari participants and prevailing exchange rates.
- Accommodation and meals as stipulated on each itinerary
- Ground transportation with an English speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide
- Game drives or sightseeing depending on the itinerary – where indicated
- Park or reserve entry fees – where applicable
- Airport or border transfers – unless stated otherwise on the itinerary
- Visas (currently US$ 50 per person)
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Any internal flights and departure taxes (with Tanzania)
- International flights and departure taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Items of personal nature such as beverages, telephone, postage etc..